I get by with a Little help From my Friends!

Something I wish I would have Known at the beginning, is that doing this all on my own is ridiculous. I was to embarrassed to tell anyone I was trying to lose weight. I figured if I failed I didn't want anyone to know. That right there was a Problem. I hadn't even started and yet I already thought I was going To be unsuccessful. 

I can not stress enough the importance of a good support system. Having support can keep you moving forward on the roughest of days. Reach out to people close to you, sometimes all we need is an ear or someone to tell us were are doing great and to keep going. If you don't feel comfortable going to someone you know or don't feel like you know someone to go to, join a fitness community. 

When I reached out to the large community on the fitbit forum I was pleasantly surprised by the helpful feed back I got, as well as the cheers when I started completing goals. We all need a little help from time to time and the people around you may surprise you. I can't tell you the number of recipes and tips that came poring in from my facebook buddies when I finally let everyone in on my journey to lose weight.

Weight loss is an extremely personal thing.  I get It. Trust me I was that girl that took every picture from above and would have died if a "fat pic" of me got out some how and now I am sharing my weight loss journey with strangers and that scares the crap outta me. It also happens to fuel me to keep going. 

You don't have to make a blog or announce your weight to the world. Just find something or someone that you feel comfortable with. Make sure that you know they will push you when you need it and celebrate all your victories with you. If nothing else know that I am here cheering for you daily!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Chocolate Peanut Butter Protein Ice Cream

I'm back y'all and boy do I have a treat for you. Who here has a sweet tooth? This girl does! Today I got some low calorie high prot...