Don't go without

After all the excitement of the beach, I completely forgot my fitbit charger at my moms. I was without a fitbit for a week and a half and this is what I noticed....

I still worked out and eat well. I thought I was doing pretty well but honestly by day 3 my body could tell a difference in my fitbitless workouts. I was doing the same work out but not feeling the burn and my body was letting me know. I decided to up the ante and make myself feel it and I ended up hurting my knee. 
(which is still not feeling right). 

So after all of that I went in search of my old fitbit zip and putting it on was like someone switched a light on in the darkest room so I could finally see again.  

 I quickly realized that while I was doing the same routine, I wasn't putting forth the same intensity that I normally did. Nor was I doing any of the extras to try and up my step number. I was only doing a little more than half of what I would with my fitbit on. Then when I wasn't feeling it I over compensated and wound up hurt.

I feel like this only reinforces what we already know TRACKING is the best way to know what your really doing with your body. If you don't have a fitbit use an app on your phone. We always think we are doing more or less then we actually are even after we get into routines, so make sure you know what your body is doing.


My first day back on fitbit and back on track. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Chocolate Peanut Butter Protein Ice Cream

I'm back y'all and boy do I have a treat for you. Who here has a sweet tooth? This girl does! Today I got some low calorie high prot...