Lasagna Please

Who doesn't love a nice cheesy saucy lasagna?
I know I do. I just don't love all calories and bad carbs that go with it.

Today using a few simple swaps, I'm gonna show you how to make a super low calorie Lasagna, that is still super high in taste! This is my zucchini lasagna and I promise not only is it yummy but it's also easy to make and pretty light on your wallet as well.


(My fiance bought the worlds thinnest zucchinis 
so I apologize for my patch work lol)

-Ingredients-

1 lb of Lean ground turkey 
2 Zucchinis
2 cups of low fat ricotta
1 cup of grated Parmesan
1 egg
1 tbsp Italian seasoning
1 tbsp basil (you can use fresh but I used dried)
1 jar of pasta sauce 
1 1/2 cups mozzarella 
1 tbsp of butter 
1 tsp of salt
1 tsp of pepper

-Directions-

1. In a medium sauce pan brown your meat. 
When cooked Drain off any fat that may remain and set aside for now.
Go ahead and pre heat your oven to 350.

2. Rinse the pan and add pasta sauce heat over medium low.

3. while your sauce heats up slice your zucchini Length wise.
 Ideally you want them to be about 1/8" thick but if its not don't worry.

4. Heat a skillet over medium high heat and add butter. 
Once the butter melts lay your zucchini in the skillet 
like you would strips of bacon and cook each side about 3 mins.

5. Once your zucchini are done let them cool on a plate. 
Meanwhile get your ricotta, Parmesan, egg and seasonings.
Mix them together in a bowl till your satisfied with the texture of your cheese.

6. Take about a cup of your pasta sauce and cover 
the bottom of your casserole dish. Then begin lining your 
dish with the first layer of zucchini.  

7. Spread your ricotta mixture across your bottom zucchini layer 
and then start the next layer of zucchini. 

8. Add the ground turkey and then the pasta sauce.
Top with mozzarella and back about 10-15 mins.

9. Remove from oven, let cool and enjoy!

The entire Pan is about 1700 calories. 
One large bowl full is 235 calories so add a little salad 
and you have one yummy meal.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Chocolate Peanut Butter Protein Ice Cream

I'm back y'all and boy do I have a treat for you. Who here has a sweet tooth? This girl does! Today I got some low calorie high prot...